March 16, 2001 Newmarket Film Group $25,544,867
- Filmmaker Christopher Nolan’s first breakthrough film proved to be a box-office success after being passed on by every major studio and independent distributor.
- Early crossover indie movie that broke out to reach $25M DBO
- Huge home entertainment success with multiple versions released
- Launched Christopher Nolan
- When other distributors didn’t think it would connect with an audience, Bob knew how to release it and saw the promise.
- Original Screenplay and Best Editing noms
- Assets on Molly’s site
- One of the first times a film’s website was used to create a fake news story about the characters in the film without any direct identification with the movie. Chris’ brother, Jonah, created the site: otnemem.com. It worked and the audience was in on the joke.